Remedies for Nausea in Pregnancy
Obviously we expect a little nausea in pregnancy and the initial approach should be non-pharmacological
Please call the office if you do not have success with these options.
- Small frequent meals with healthy snacks in between
- The B.R.A.T. diet- (Bananas, Rice, Applesauce, Toast) try eating mainly these items in small doses frequently until you are able to keep things down. These items tend to be binding and help ease an upset stomach.
- Wrist bands that can be purchased at most pharmacies (pressure bands)
- Vitamin B6 in twice a day dosing (usually 50 mgs)
- Decaffeinated “soothing teas” that can be found in the organic grocery stores that are promoted to help with nausea in early pregnancy
- Acupuncture has been found to be effective for some patients
- Over-the-counter Emetrol